Birthing From Within Childbirth Classes
Unique. Holistic. Transformational. Birthing From Within childbirth classes help you prepare mindfully for the birth of your baby. During our time together, you will learn new information, deepen your connection with your partner and your own intuition, and prepare for the life changes a new baby brings.
Giving birth and becoming a parent is a powerful rite of passage.
"Rachel was very personable and informative. We loved the little surprises throughout the course and the focus on each other. After every session we felt a real "high" and connection with each other. The labyrinth analogy was very helpful during labour as well as postpartum. We loved the positions we learned and the tips and tricks for baby! Such a great course and would recommend to anyone!"
YOUR INVESTMENT IN CHILDBIRTH CLASSES INCLUDES:
- 12 hours of in depth content.
- Additional reading and resources for self-study.
- Guaranteed small classes, to ensure a personalized approach.
- Access to our extensive lending library
- The opportunity to learn and practice a minimum of 3 mindfulness based pain coping practices.
- Time and space to explore your deepest beliefs about birth and parenting.
- The chance to try out comfort measures and positions that may be helpful in labour.
- Practice gathering information and making informed choices.
- Preparation for birthing-in-awareness, no matter the outward circumstances of your labor.
- A private class just for partners to discuss their own unique questions and concerns.
- A postpartum reunion class.
WHO TEACHES YOUR CHILDBIRTH CLASSES?
Our classes are facilitated by Rachel Parris.
CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH A SYLLABUS?
While there are certain essential topics that are always covered in our classes, one of the underlying philosophical assumptions of Birthing From Within is that you, as a class participant, bring valuable knowledge and unique needs into our shared space. Which means that we adjust our teaching as we go, to co-create the class content with you.
That's a long winded way of saying, no, there isn't a syllabus. If you have specific questions about topics covered, we would be happy to chat further with you >> Book a free, 15 minute phone chat.
*A $100 deposit is required at registration to hold your space with balance due one week before the start of classes; the deposit reserves space for two people (the pregnant person and their partner/designated support person)
UPCOMING GROUP CHILDBIRTH CLASS SERIES
- All group classes take place over the course of six weeks, on the same evening each week. Each class is two hours in length.
- If you are unable to make one or more of the classes, we are unable to schedule make up classes, however you will still receive all handouts and resources from the missed class.
- There is space for a maximum of six (6) participants + their partner/designated support person per series.
"My husband and I looked for a prenatal class that would be informative, open minded, and provide a wholesome approach to birthing. I'm so happy with the Birthing From Within curriculum. It's exactly what my husband and I were needing. Thank you again Ericka and Rachel for sharing your time and love for couples in this precious time of their lives."