ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway
We are FIVE years old.
We want to celebrate this momentous birthday by giving away one ultimate self-care package!
Valued at over $550.00, we will draw ONE name to win five appointments with five different Calgary based self-care practitioners who are experts in their respective fields.
One lucky winner will experience FIVE acts of self-care that intentionally pairs with each of the elements - earth, air, fire, water, and love (Why Five Elements? Read our origin story).
Earth - Yoga Nidra session with Aditi Loveridge, Mindfulness Coach and Teacher
Yoga Nidra is a practice which supports you in staying rooted and grounded. A sleep based meditation technique, Yoga Nidra awakes the infinite potential that is dormant within you. Connecting you to the subconscious mind while you are awake, Yoga Nidra helps you reprogram self-limiting habits, emotions, and beliefs. Accessing the deepest levels of meditation and relaxation, it helps you rebalance your nervous system. One session of Yoga Nidra is equivalent to FOUR hours of deep sleep (perfect for new and seasoned parents!). You will have the option to choose an in home session or a studio session with Aditi.
Aditi has always been extremely passionate about supporting and connecting women. Her previous experience as a social worker has provided her with an in depth understanding of how a woman’s past and present experience shape who she is, the choices she is presented with, and the decisions she makes. Her current work as a mindfulness coach and teacher has furthered this understanding. Through this work, she has the honour of connecting women with their inner strength, enabling them to make the best possible choices for themselves, their families, and their present moment experience. Aditi has completed the Bold Method of Birth Yoga Nidra training which specializes in offering Yoga Nidra to pregnant and postpartum people and has been teaching Yoga Nidra for four years.
Air - Holotropic Breathwork session with Jane Cooper, Calgary Holotropic Breathwork
Holotropic Breathwork is a powerful, natural method of self-exploration and personal transformation. It uses sustained, deep breathing and a musical soundscape to direct attention away from the everyday mind and into the deep psyche. The process itself uses very simple means: it combines accelerated breathing with evocative music in a special set and setting. With the eyes closed and lying on a mat, each person uses their own breath and the music in the room to enter a non-ordinary state of consciousness.
Jane holds a Masters in Counselling Psychology and works in a private practice where she offers Transpersonal Psychotherapy. She started training with Stan and Christina Grof in 1993, has apprenticed with pioneers of this powerful method for many years and is a certified facilitator of Holotropic Breathwork. She has decades of direct experience and training in the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness.
Fire - Acupuncture + Fire Cupping session with Megan Gusdal, ATMA Collective
Enjoy a nourishing and restorative acupuncture session, followed by soothing fire cupping. Your acupuncture points are selected based on your current health and unique constitutions to elicit deep and profound relaxation of the body and mind. In Chinese Medicine, the fire element is associated with the heart, blood vessels, circulation, heat, and warmth.
Fire cupping helps to stimulate the flow of blood, lymph, and Qi (the circulating life force whose existence and properties are the basis of much Chinese philosophy and medicine). Often compared to a reverse massage, glass cups are gently warmed and applied to the body. The suction from the cups pulls tension out of muscles and relaxes the nervous system with warmth.
Megan has worked in the holistic health care field for over a decade and finds that each client brings new experiences and wisdom to her practice. She is passionate about and honours the theories and traditions of TCM that have been passed down for centuries, and incorporates these essential ideals into her daily practice. Megan values comprehensive care with informed consent. Her goal for each client is to help them better understand their bodies, bring balance into their lives, and guide them in making optimal choices for achieving their health and wellness goals.
Megan welcomes people of all backgrounds regardless of their healthcare needs, including women seeking pre and postnatal care, safe labour preparation, and postpartum support. Megan facilitates healing and balance through the use of acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutritional support. It is a privilege for her to be a part of each client’s path to wellness.
Water - Float session with One Love Float
One Love Float exists to help floaters accomplish three things: connection, healing, and empowerment. Unplug from the world and plug into yourself in a welcoming environment where you can trust that you are safe to float away and find yourself. Whether you have a Type-A personality or the type of personality that does this all the time, One Love Float is there to help you experience soulful weightlessness, and rediscover the best in yourself. Reconnect your body and mind through the meditative and restorative art of floating.
One Love Float is all about you. Floating works with your body on the physical level, in partnership with the magic of several hundred pounds of Epsom salts, to detox, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and overall energy. Floating creates a playground for your mind where it can adventure with thoughts and connect you to personal awareness. It easily allows your mind to access a meditative like state to open up into clarity. One Love Float exists to help you reach those rare moments where you are totally at peace and ready to focus on yourself.
Treeka Drake, owner of One Love Float, is a soul guide, loving practitioner, and experienced floater bringing more than 10 years of holistic experience and a passion for floating to her residential float centre.
Love - One hour Massage session with Jaime Walsh, Sacral Health
Massage offers many benefits including decreasing stress, increasing well being, relieving sore muscles, aches, and pains, and reducing inflammation. Most importantly, it’s time that you have set aside to care for yourself and show yourself some love.
Sacral Health is a holistic, multi-disciplinary clinic with a focus on family centred care. They specialize in multiple modalities, including massage, meditation, yoga, birth attending, yoni steaming, and sacred couples connection sessions. Whether you need some self care after the stress and tension of a long work week or are dealing with chronic aches and pains, Sacral Health’s RMTs are experienced in facilitating a massage experience that works for you.
Jaime’s goal in life is to change the world, one massage at a time. Graduating from Mount Royal University’s two year, 2200 hour Massage Therapy program, she has been a practicing RMT since 2013. Specializing in prenatal and postpartum massage, you will appreciate the individualized, personal connection she brings to every massage.
HOW TO ENTER
Subscribe to Five Elements Birth Services newsletter. You must confirm your subscription for your entry to count.
Comment on any applicable giveaway post on our Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram with your favorite self-care activity. Applicable giveaway posts will include the words “ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway”.
Eligible entries must be made between Monday, January 14, 2019 at 7:00pm MST and
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:59pm MST
Five Elements Birth Services ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Five Elements Birth Services ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway ("Sweepstakes") begins on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 7:00pm MST and ends on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:59pm MST (the "Promotion Period").
The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Five Elements Birth Services ("Sponsor"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada who are 18 years of age or older (the "Entrant"). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the "Promotion Entities"), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive the following: [one (1) gift certificate to Sacral Health for one (1) sixty (60) minute massage with Jaime Walsh, RMT, one (1) gift certificate to ATMA Collective for one (1) acupuncture and fire cupping treatment with Megan Gusdal, R.Ac, one (1) gift certificate for one (1) Yoga Nidra session facilitated by Aditi Loveridge, one (1) gift certificate to One Love Float for one (1) float session, and one (1) gift certificate to Calgary Holotropic Breathwork for one (1) Holotropic Breathwork session with Jane Cooper, M.A. Couns.] (approximate retail value or "ARV": $550.00)
Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Alberta, Canada and Prize will only be awarded within said location. All federal, provincial and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Transportation to and from the locations required to redeem the gift certificates is the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by subscribing AND confirming your subscription to Five Elements Birth Services digital newsletter: http://eepurl.com/beOb_j AND by commenting with your favorite self-care practice on any of the relevant Sweepstakes posts on Five Elements Birth Services’ Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/5elementsbirth/, Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/5elementsbirth, or Instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/5elementsbirth/. Relevant Sweepstakes posts will include the words ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway. All other posts are not applicable for Sweepstakes entry.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted via Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/5elementsbirth on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 2:00pm MST by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email address at the email address used to subscribe to Five Elements Birth Services newsletter within 24 hours after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept their prize by responding as directed by Sponsor within three (3) days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
7. PRIVACY: By entering the Sweepstakes, you grant Sponsor permission to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other Sweepstakes Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Five Elements Birth Services cc: Five Elements Birth Services ULTIMATE Birthday Giveaway at 339 Woodbine Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T2W 4K8. Requests for the names of the winner must be received no later than one (1) month after the Promotion Period has ended.
11. SPONSOR: Five Elements Birth Services, 339 Woodbine Blvd SW, Calgary, AB T2W 4K8, firstname.lastname@example.org